Waiting.


Well, I've been waiting for a job to fall my way for a few months now. Living at home with my parents has been alright, but definitely restrictive on my creativity and sense of freedom. It's also difficult because I keep wanting to start projects, classes, roadtrips, etc. but at any time I need to be available for job interviews and easily packing my life back into my car*, so I find myself just sitting around most days spending time with my family and friends (photo above is of my friend Rob at a pub near the University of Toledo). It's not a terrible life, but it's a lot different than the schedule-packed craziness I am used to.

I was blessed to able to attend the Eddie Adams Workshop in October, and it gave me a lot of inspiration and ideas but it also landed me with a lot of questions as how to get to those goals. The greatest gift I got there was a new network of friends who are ambitious and very, very helpful.

Thanks to one of those friends, last week I was thankful to land an interview out west in Wyoming. This job would be a great opportunity for me. I love being in outdoorsy towns/states. I love exploring different areas of the country. It's close enough to Salt Lake to visit, and the people there are nice and very talented. I want and need to get back into the swing of work again, but once again I am still waiting to see what happens.


*currently driving my dad's car after mine got smashed my a drunk driver :(

Comments

Anna Norris said…
Keep your chin up there chica! You are a young, talented photographer with tons of potential and an awesome personality to go along with your skills. My advice to you is to keep plugging away at the job search. The newspaper market is becoming tougher to land in now with a lot of papers down-sizing and looking for a jack-of-all-trades journalists to help save them money. Definitely keep up with the freelancing gig because you may find that might be your best route in the photo-j world. You'll have more freedom on assignments, more opportunities for various locations, and not stuck in the grind of the every day newsroom. The only downfall is you only makes as much as you work and there is no (medical) benefits when you freelance.

Good luck!

Popular Posts