On the Maumee

So, I've lived about 15 minutes away from Lake Erie and the surrounding rivers and channels for the past 15 years, but I had been out on a boat in the water. One of my old friends from high school, though, got a boat so we decided to take it out on the Maumee River. We got there at about 9:30--a time I would normally say is bad for outdoor photos and boating--but it turned out to be a good time to get some different shots of downtown Toledo. All my life living here I only see photos of the skyline during the day and from the shore, but here are some photos just after sundown and from the water!


Photobucket




Photobucket

I was so excited when I took this one. The colors were perfect, the framing was perfect. I think it looks like a painting... but I forgot that I switched my lens over to manual, and therefore, it is ruined because it is blurry. Maybe next time.

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts