Buick Open!

One day last week I found out that I had credentials to get into the PGA Buick Open in Grand Blanc, Michigan, and I am SO glad that I went! I was scared at first because there are so many rules to photographing golf. I had only ever shot golf twice, and never of those times were anything close to a PGA event! My only regret is that I only went on Sunday (there were 4 days to the tournament). I'd like to say that I am looking forward to shooting this again someday, but unfortunately this was probably the last year for the Buick Open since Buick has suspended it's sponsorship of the event. It's really a shame... in Michigan, the state with the most golf courses in the country and the craziest fans in the PGA on that infamous 17th hole at Warwick Hills (see the photo of the green man below!)

Tiger Woods 18th hole,buick open TIGER WOODS. This is right after he missed a putt on the 18th hole.

Green Man,17th hole,Buick Open Green man! This guy was creepy, but fun.

Buick Open,Michael Letzig
Michael Letzig. Everyone felt bad that he was paired with Tiger Woods and had to put up with the mobs of people trailing their every move yelling, "TIIIIIGERR!"

Comments

Anna Norris said…
AMAZING reaction shot of Tiger Woods!

I'm loving the stuff coming out of your internship! Keep it up!
Anonymous said…
hey there great pic
i was wondering do u have anymore pics like this because im the person on the right hand side u can see my green shirt but only see half of my body :( i would love to find a pic that i can see me not just half of me lol i hope u have one bc that was a great day and i was so close to him on the win.
if u could reach me my email is firefighting_84@hotmail.com thanks so much!!!!!!
Unknown said…
Hello I am the person who sent this message in 2009 about being the guy in the green shirt behind tiger if you still have this pic could you send it to kville93@gmail.com for me . Unfortunately my computer was stolen and I lost the picture. Hopefully you get this and thanks in advance

Popular Posts