521 Final Project: Native American Culture

This is it. I thought this project was going down the dumpsters, but at the last minute I pulled it all together, and I don't think it's that bad. I apologize for bad audio with my interviews from LeeAnn Ruffino. That was due to some microphone malfunction.

I really enjoyed making this. One of my goals while attending school here was to meet people from the tribe and learn about Native culture. Like I said, I waited until the last minute to do this, but wow, this last minute has been fun. I've really learned a lot, and I've got to experience some cool things. The tribe here really has a lot to offer, especially with the Ziibiwing museum programs and the Elijah Elk cultural center. It's too bad more people don't take the time to learn about life on the reservation. Conversely, it's too bad many of the people on the reservation don't reach out to everyone in the city.


Native American Culture: Intro (revised) from Sarah A. Miller on Vimeo.



Native American Culture: Beadwork from Sarah A. Miller on Vimeo.


Native American Culture: Language (revised) from Sarah A. Miller on Vimeo.



Native American Culture: On the Reservation from Sarah A. Miller on Vimeo.



Native American Culture: Revival from Sarah A. Miller on Vimeo.

Comments

Popular Posts