Hot Air Balloons

I love hot air balloons. I always have and I always will. I saw that Midland was having a festival, and since that's in our coverage area I thought, what better excuse than to do a huge project on it?? So I did! I'm currently working on a photo story/soundslides about Brian and Lisa Gano who have their own balloon ride business. I was lucky enough to attend the media flight Thursday, and they let me ride along with them in their smaller balloon, Dunder Chief. Here are some photos from our flight! This was one of my life goals, and I want to do it again!



hot air balloon

This is a balloon called Rainbow Twist. This photo was on the AP wire and I saw it run in my hometown paper, the Toledo Blade! I also saw it run in the Lansing State Journal. :)


hot air balloon

This is a photo of Lisa pulling a rope to pull down the envelope (balloon part) so it can be deflated.

hot air balloon

This is the shadow of the balloon I was in. We went 1,800 feet and flew for over an hour!

Comments

Coool, man!  I've always wanted to do that.
Anna Norris said…
AWESOME PHOTOS! I especially love the first one! The contrast is amazing! I really like the shadow on the trees too! Keep up the great work Sarah!
Anonymous said…
#1 is great. Congratulations.

Popular Posts