Day 2

So today went pretty well. Shot some stuff at an elementary school, got to go to a court arraignment, a press conference, then I worked on the "Inquiring Photographer," which is basically CM-YOU. The question of the week was "Do you favor a federal gas tax holiday this summer?" Everyone I talked to said yes. I say yes too.

So I definitely need to make some friends here because I just got back from walking around outside for 2 hours because I got out of work early and I have nothing to do until 9am tomorrow. I thought about driving to Dayton, but that didn't happen. Maybe tomorrow.

Weird story #1: I set up a new bank account today and the banker I talked to looked at my driver's license, saw I was from Lambertville and said he'd worked there for 8 years! Then during my Inquiring Photographer adventure I talked to a woman who said she needs a gas tax holiday so she can drive to Monroe, MI! It seems like everywhere I go I run into someone from home or someplace I know. I even found out someone else from CMU is coming to Sidney!

Weird story #2: During my walk some 10-year-old boy hit on me! ah! Little boy: "I don't know who that is, but dannnnnnggggg! Hey lady, how old are you?" Me: *just keeps walking, pulls out phone, calls friends at home*

Ok, that's enough yappin' for now.

me on my first day



preschool Olympics

softball...the color on this is messed up. idk why.

my sad TV with 7.5 channels. 2 are CBS, 2 are PBS and the .5 is NBC in Lima, which only the audio comes in.




Comments

Erin Pence said…
Lol... Hit on by a Ten Year old... I believe that is another first for an intern... :-)

I know Sidney is pretty boring, but it will get better when Lindsay gets here. The first few days are always the roughest. The summer will be over before you know it.

Regarding the cooking thing...
http://www.foodnetwork.com/
http://allrecipes.com/
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipes/

Check them out, as I don't think rice and BBQ sauce are meant to go together...

And I keep forgetting that I gave you a crash course in Nikon and that you are completely not used to it... because it doesn't show. You are doing a great Job!!! Give it another week and you'll forget the fact that everything is backwards. :-)

:-) I'm glad you joined us for the summer!!!

~Erin

Popular Posts